Over the last few years Paul has become one of Scotland’s most renowned and respected drummers, touring and recording with the likes of Lady North, Dead Boy Robotics, Dananananaykroyd, We Were Promised Jetpacks, Pinky Suavo, Dupec, Lipsync For A Lullaby, among many others.
Paul’s appeal is evident from his tenacious, dedicated and passionate live performances. Tie this in with his extraordinary hard-work ethic and it’s simple to see why he has become one of Scotland’s most sought after musicians and has rightly gained the reputation as one of “the best drummers in Scotland, maybe even the UK” (Glasgow PodcART).
Paul began drumming at the age of 8 and formed his first band, Seneka, in the same year. By the time he was 16 he had already won lucrative support slots with the likes of Britpop icons The Bluetones and Scotland’s post-rock heavyweights Biffy Clyro, as well as recording two EPs at Edinburgh’s legendary bespoke Chamber Studio.
Since then Paul has gone from strength to strength, honing his unique brand of rock drumming along the way. He consistently exhibits remarkable musicality that captures wider strains of funk, reggae, and prog, as well as an eagerness to tear apart all convention through the use of apoplectic percussion and odd time signatures. Paul’s most recent achievements include…
- Releasing a debut album with Midas Fall through Monotreme Records
- Touring Europe with Dupec supporting We Were Promised Jetpacks
- Releasing a debut EP with Pinky Suavo, recorded at the prestigious Chem19 Studios in Glasgow
- Cherry-picked from over 1000 applicants to play the T Break Stage at Scotland’s biggest music festival T in the Park ’11 with Lady North
- Releasing a debut 7″ vinyl with Lady North through Gerry Loves Records
- Playing a live session on BBC Radio 1’s Introducing Show with Dead Boy Robotics
- Joining Dananananaykroyd on their farewell UK tour
- Releasing a debut album with Dead Boy Robotics through Tape Studios
…as well as touring Scotland and England extensively since 2003.